The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Reckless,
Old Horns last friday for a nice Farmers Blonde after a walk. Please note this is beer and not ladies. Lovely pub with beautiful views.
Cheers,
Dave.
After a few weeks tinkering sorting a few minor (and not so minor) jobs on the Hogstow Special, Adam took it out for a test drive & returned unscathed!  A huge thank you to Ruairidh Dunford for helping out when enthusiasm overtook ability.  All set for the summer now  Big Grin

[Image: hog22.jpg]

The big oil splosh underneath is historic, not current.
Good news Mark - looking very "ready"!
Well done Mark - that looks like a car ought to look! 
And there's no shame in the odd oil splosh...
Another lovely day here so had to go out to Tinker Bottom again! Been suffering from Austin 7 withdrawal symptoms lately.

Mark,
Meant to ask you the other day. you have a straight axle beam and a flat spring on your special which gives only a small amount of beam movement before it hits the centre of the spring. does it work OK? I had this on a special I have recently finished and had to put a 10mm rubber block mounted between the spring u bolts. Eventually I fitted a slightly more cambered spring which works more satisfactorily.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Dave, As you have probably gatherwed Adam & I are very new to 7's and are just beginning to get acquainted. The Hogstow Special was built by John Yeeles who made all the current mods. Adam has probably done 1500 or so miles since he bought it as well as a couple of speed events & we haven't felt any bottoming out yet.

Whether there is some additional spacing I can't be sure of, as it's the only 7 I have as a reference.
I like the sign for Dungworth as you Yorkshire people say " where's there is muck there's money" However from the other sign Derwent Valley it could be just Derbyshire.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
"I like the sign for Dungworth as you Yorkshire people say " where's there is muck there's money""

There is a place near Sheffield called Shatton which must be quite wealthy. The sign for the village used to say
"Shatton Only". Stolen signs were on the walls of many of the student house shares, so the council must have had
to replace it frequently.
Technically not today but last Saturday I finished of the metal work on the other rear wing . So now both are done and waiting for me to get on with the body build.
Stephen
    Endeavoured to make the Chummy other driver idiot proof. Indicators and stop lights, also fitted electronic ignition.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.