The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Poll: Do you give your car(s) per names?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
55.56%
30 55.56%
No
44.44%
24 44.44%
Total 54 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Naming cars -poll
My first fabric saloon was known as Brunswick, after the road where we bought it. Since then all cars unnamed.
Jim
I'll find out whether its ok to discuss his personal details on a public forum.
Mine dont have names, just descriptions. My dad on the other hand called his car Sue after my mother. It had a light on the dash that told him when to change gear...
At various times I've called all my cars Bast**d!

Steve
Well, everyone in the family refers to my car as 'Evy', after the number plate - but I tend to call her 'the Austin'. (My dad's £27'10 Ruby in the late 50s was called 'Loosie'.)

Colin
Why wouldn't you give your cars a name? My three Sevens are called "Bluey", a blue RP - for obvious reasons; "Cecil" the 1929 Special - alliterative; and "Vincent" the 1937 bakers van - "Vincent Van Loaf".

All my moderns have had names too - the current one ****ZPO is, of course, "Zippo".
Rick

In deepest Norfolk
(09-06-2018, 10:45 AM)Steve Jones Wrote: At various times I've called all my cars Bast**d!

Steve
So have I !
Brum for the sports utility special because it's bright yellow,Incontinence for the Ulster.
When I first bought my Ruby my wife referred to it rather derogortary as the Tin Box. She has warmed to it now but still calls it the Tin Box.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
A friend had a Ruby called Tinkerbell because of the jingling from the starting handle and loose hub caps.
Jim
I don't name my cars - but others do...So I guess it's a yes vote.

My late, ex-mother-in-law, always referred to the Ruby as 'Miss Marple'. And Debs has decided that the RP shall be known as 'Wendolene' - referenced to my habit of putting a small figurine of a Wallace & Gromit character somewhere in the cars and having had a spare Wendolene lying around - who is now peering out of the appropriately well-cleaned windscreen.