The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
HX4683
(05-06-2018, 11:33 AM)Jeff Taylor Wrote: Bill,

The DVLA Database shows the following:

MR 6316 is 'Not taxed for on road use' which would suggest the car hasn't been taxed and on the road since at least the introduction of SORN on 31st January 1998 and possibly much earlier, maybe the 1970's / early 1980's ? - the A7CA Chassis Register shows it as being an old entry last recorded in the year 2000.

PT 8970 is 'Untaxed' (in a red box) the last tax being due on 29th June 1981 - the A7CA Chassis Register shows it as belonging to a member of the Austin 7 Owners Club (London) with the information last updated in July 2013. 

PP 7116 - this registration is now carried by an August 2010 Audi Quatro Coupe - the A7CA Chassis Register shows the AD Tourer now carries the registration SV 6373 and is currently taxed and presumably on the road.

The rest you'll be pleased to learn are all currently taxed and presumably on the road.

Jeff.
Thanks, Geoff.  Ifr anyone can help me with SV6373 as well, it would be most appreciated.  I'll contact Dave Waller to see if I can get help in that direction.   Cheers,  Bill

(06-06-2018, 01:16 AM)Bill Sheehan Wrote:
(05-06-2018, 11:33 AM)Jeff Taylor Wrote: Bill,

The DVLA Database shows the following:

MR 6316 is 'Not taxed for on road use' which would suggest the car hasn't been taxed and on the road since at least the introduction of SORN on 31st January 1998 and possibly much earlier, maybe the 1970's / early 1980's ? - the A7CA Chassis Register shows it as being an old entry last recorded in the year 2000.

PT 8970 is 'Untaxed' (in a red box) the last tax being due on 29th June 1981 - the A7CA Chassis Register shows it as belonging to a member of the Austin 7 Owners Club (London) with the information last updated in July 2013. 

PP 7116 - this registration is now carried by an August 2010 Audi Quatro Coupe - the A7CA Chassis Register shows the AD Tourer now carries the registration SV 6373 and is currently taxed and presumably on the road.

The rest you'll be pleased to learn are all currently taxed and presumably on the road.

Jeff.
Thanks, Geoff.  Ifr anyone can help me with SV6373 as well, it would be most appreciated.  I'll contact Dave Waller to see if I can get help in that direction.   Cheers,  Bill
Apologies Jeff - I've done it again!  The number of times we've corresponded, you'd think I'd get it right eventually.  BTW, what's my name please?   Cheers,  Bill
I thought it was time for an update. I think I have tried pretty much every route to see if HX4683 has survived and I am sad to say I have been beaten! I have posted on the pages of the forum, the Seven RK website, written to the 750MC, written letters in the PWA7C Magazine, The Austin 7 Owners Club Magazine and the A7CA Magazine and drawn a big fat "Zero". I find it sad to believe that a Austin 7 that was in existence in 2006 on the DVLA records has completely disappeared with not one memory from a living Austin 7 enthusiast. Other than the picture I posted, the DVLA entry and the A7CA register entry that is the last memory of her. Another beautiful saloon committed to the asset strippers?   

Please, next time you go to an Austin 7 gathering just mention HX4683, you never know, you might get a positive response! I would love to know what happened to her. If anyone has any thoughts on other lines of investigation I haven't tried please let me know. 

Jeremy
I gave this a try : www.carveto.co.uk But no result so perhaps it uses the DVLA database. I think there is a way using a V888 form to find the registered owner but you need a very good reason so not sure this will be an option. Lets hope it isn't sporting a pair of water ski's!
My guess is that HX4683 has gone abroad. A very similar set of circumstances prevailed with an 1934 RP saloon that I owned throughout the 1990s. The DVLA record for AYM324 shows that the taxation stopped at 2008 for no apparent reason. Likewise, all enquiries via all forums led to nothing. Not a peep.

All of a sudden, a few months back, I received a message from a fellow in Queensland, Australia. Yes, Australia! Seems he had just bought the car from someone in Tasmania as a result of an advert on Gumtree and was in the process of arranging for it to be shipped to Queensland. Apparently, he Googled the registration number and this led him straight to my forum posts enquiring about the car, hence he kindly contacted me. From the pictures I saw, I reckon it never turned a wheel during its time in Tasmania. As Austin Sevens are not uncommon in both Australia and New Zealand, it's not clear why anyone would go the expense of shipping one half way across the world under such circumstances, but there we are.
Just to add to my earlier post, I should also mention that there is a proper process for notifying the DVLA if a vehicle is permanently exported when sold. However, this seems to fall by the wayside if a foreign buyer does not adhere to the process. This would explain why the registration record for AYM324 is still extant with the DVLA, even though the car has been across the other side of the world for the last 10 years or so.
Hopefully if she has gone abroad she is still in one piece but a 31 chassis can be too much of a temptation for an Ulsteriod! Would I be right in thinking that the A7CA magazine is posted to overseas clubs as well? 

I was hoping that a past owner may see the thread which would then give me a lead to follow but I have had nothing. Perhaps a posting with the VSCC may lead to something? 

I may keep trying for a bit longer!!!!

Thank you for all your replies.

Jeremy
We in the Melbourne A7 Club get the A7CA magazine .
Today I had the pleasure of meeting the owner of AYM324 as he motored in to our annual get together. You will be happy to know it's getting a sympathetic body/mechanical refurb.  The paint and trim will remain as what you may call 'oily rag' . A Box is a bit unusual round here and great to see a younger enthusiast.  cheers  Russell
(11-08-2019, 07:17 AM)squeak Wrote: Today I had the pleasure of meeting the owner of AYM324

Great stuff! Brett and I have recently been chatting via the Facebook A7 forum and it's good to know that my old motor is in capable hands. I'm slowly digging out a few old pictures for him.
YB7720 is well known in Cambridge UK, stored in a garage about 3 miles from me, in running order but not used by its elderly owner who now uses an electric buggy for local transport. If you have particular questions I can pass them on and enquire whether she is happy to be in contact.
Robert Leigh