The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its only been around 45 years!
I remember going to an event in the mid 70's at Archers in my RP, opening of a new showroom or similar I think. I remember they filled our tanks as thanks for attending, well worth the trip from Walsall to Solihull! I only peeled the "Its Archers for me" sticker off the rear side window of the RP earlier this year. No photos though, unless its on one of my old cine films.
Chris F, Bryan Downes and Bruce Nichols. Is this the event you had in mind?    
I think it was, I certainly had one of those glasses. I suspect it is packed away in our loft following our move last year Unlikely to find out until our current alterations are complete though.
Not been on for awhile as have been dealing with my mothers estate and one of my sons has bought a flat which needs decorating etc!

Came across some more photos which include these of MP 5634 taken around the early 70s. My parents house is in the Solihull, West Midlands area, so Midlands Austin 7 Club patch.

I seem to remember it was someone passing by who had a problem (looks like he's been rallying!) and Dad said he could leave it in the garage for awhile. Anyone recognise it or still own it?

Chris

As regards DF 2993 (see first page) I've decided that I've left it too late in life to do what's necessary to get it back on the road and I don't have the room to do the work. I only have a single garage and that is taken up with a number of motorbikes whilst I can still ride them!

So it is with some sadness that I've decided to sell it on behalf of the family. As you can see it's a Chummy, from 1927, and will require quite a bit of work. Its been off the road for many years but has been kept in a dry garage. I'll provide more information once I've had a good look at it. I'm being realistic about the price but was thinking £6k. - I know info. is sketchy at the moment but does that sound about right?

Chris

Attached Files
.jpg   MP 5634 Front.jpg (Size: 158.25 KB / Downloads: 226)
.jpg   MP 5634 Rear.jpg (Size: 136.45 KB / Downloads: 225)
The brown special VF4876 (below the red ARCHERS sign) was Robin Boyce's Bodger Special I believe.