The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average
What have you done today with your Austin Seven
Now that is customer care, I can’t imagine any other insurance company telephoning to apologise for a lengthy wait!
I tussled with my Austin seven today. The crash has made a spectacular job of bending the front spring, and one of the u-bolts has slight double bends.

Ouch. Guessing that absorbed a decent amount of the energy of the impact and probably saved you some personal pain.
Andy
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Yes Andy, and this radius arm would absorb quite a bit too.

.jpg   crash radius arm.jpg (Size: 200.5 KB / Downloads: 402)
Crikey! That has taken a whack…great to see that progress is being made Andrew.
Fixed the cobbler's son syndrome whereby the gas lever inserts on the Chummy were insufficiently strong - and replaced them with the new replacements I had made. They solved the problem. In case anyone else needs a set:

Update:
GAS and IGNITION LEVER INTERNAL PARTS See: http://www.lathes.co.uk/austin-7-lever-parts
The bare cost to me works out at £8 - this is a no-profit exercise, the machinist fits the job in between others to keep the cost down.
The three parts are
BM12 pusher rod with V-end
BM13 tension screw
BM14 spring. 
These are described as "Internal parts, one set to fit one 'gas' or one 'Ignition lever'.
Post and packing is £1.75 (for up to six sets).
I need to separate this from my usual business which charges VAT, so here's how to pay:
1) Cheques to: Mrs A.Griffiths
2) Direct bank payment to:
Mrs A Griffiths
NatWest   Account 47407492   Sort Code: 60 01 33
If you make a bank transfer, please send a letter confirming this or let me know by phoning 01298-871633
Tony Griffiths
The Channings
Wardlow
BUXTON
Derbyshire
SK17 8RP
I can definitely vouch for these. Spent the day on the VSCC Light Car trial much of which was in the forest on very bumpy tracks. The levers never moved except when I fiddled with them. Those with auto advance distributors….Just what do you fiddle with as you drive along?

Howard
The wing and headlight repairs are coming along.

On a happier note- I drove the Austin 7 Latrobe Sports to the Clubrooms last Saturday for the Spares Day. It ran very well after replacing the spark plugs with the spare set on the firewall - they are a bit slow on three cylinders  Huh

When running on all four it could cruise at 70 kph to keep up with the pesky moderns- leaving a good braking distance  Confused

.jpg   Austin 7 Latrobe1 .jpg (Size: 68.05 KB / Downloads: 180)

A video from the run   Big Grin  

Facebook
Hi All

Over the last three days we’ve taken part in the VSCC Light Car event in Llandrindod.  The Metropole Hotel base is just 1/2 mile from us so it would be churlish not to!

The event was billed as a ‘Centenary Celebration’ of the 1924 RAC Light Car trial and the two tours were arduous replicas of the period event.  Friday saw Liz and I do 120 miles south to Senni and Brecon through forestry, steep hills and nail biting descents.  We chickened out of the full Saturday tour via Bwlch y Groes to Bala and Vrynwy at Llanbrynmair and came back along the main road. Still a decent 80 mile trip. I helped marshal at one of Sunday’s muddy hills.

Of the 150 or so pre 1931 unmodified cars present were a sizeable number of Sevens. The morning departure on Saturday was quite a spectacle.

Here are a few photos we took on route.

Cheers

Howard

Attached Files
.jpeg   IMG_4079.jpeg (Size: 84.01 KB / Downloads: 143)
.jpeg   IMG_4080.jpeg (Size: 90.39 KB / Downloads: 142)
.jpeg   IMG_4091.jpeg (Size: 134.05 KB / Downloads: 145)
.jpeg   IMG_4093.jpeg (Size: 111.8 KB / Downloads: 144)