The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friends' Gallery Picture of the Month - April 2024
An early Mulliner saloon captured in 1939 competing in a CSMA trial. The OU registration number dates the car to late 1928.

Photo submitted by Robin Boyce.    
A lovely period photograph when motorsport competitors wore sports jackets and ties.  The passenger certainly has the look of a Civil Service employee of the 1930's.    The car looks as if it has just crossed a rope on the trial section.  This may be the rope that was used to arrest cars that failed on a steep hill.  When the car came to a stop, a team of marshals would grab each end of the rope and hook it round the back of the car to prevent it rolling backwards.   I have fond memories of being part of such a team at the VSCC Light Car demonstration  on the Old Wych hill in Malvern during the VSCC Anniversary Rally about 20 years ago.
And there was me thinking the passenger looked like Sir Leonard Lord!
I spotted what looks like aftermarket semaphores attached to the windscreen pillars, but what is foxing me is the vertical rod or whatever leading up to the driver’s side headlamp…superb picture by the way.