The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I ain't got nobody - Louis Armstrong! (Ruby ARR)
I am in the process of acquiring a Mk2 (ARR) Ruby chassis. So one small step toward achieving my ambition of owning and one day driving a Mk2 Ruby. Unfortunately, at the moment a chassis is all I have and I have no interest (or the skill) to build a Special body. Given lots of people in the past have preferred to build a Special rather than rebuild a saloon I just wondered if anybody might have a discarded Mk2 body that they would like to see re-used?. Thank you. Colin  cjt2020@outlook.com
The critical question is whether you have a log book/V5? Sine qua non...
I'm afraid that I don't have one - or know of any for sale - but eBay might be a good option for finding one.
If you don't know this, after a search find at the top of the page the little heart-shaped box "Follow this Search" box. Click it, and the following email alert box and then, each time something similar is advertised, you'll receive an email.
In addition, make several searches using different words, phrases and combinations of words - and include some with spelling mistakes as well - and for all these individual searches tick the "follow this search" box.
Over the years I've found all sorts of interesting items by doing this. The best was a catalogue for a previously unknown American maker of precision bench lathes that appeared using the search "lath cato USA". When I posted details of the lathe, the leading collector of US machine tool literature asked how on earth I'd found it. I neglected to tell him....
http://www.lathes.co.uk/pearce/
Chris. Thanks for your reply and really useful e-bay search tips. I've used ebay for years/decades but never fully understood how to save specific searches. I do now thanks to your help. Regards Colin
Colin
I have sent you a private message
I have seen bodies come up on ebay from time to time but you might find it much more difficult to acquire all the fittings. Mind you, "Henry's Ruby" shows that it can be done with a little patience.

A friend of mine observed that the Austin 7 scene was a most bizarre one where half the people were breaking cars and selling the parts and the other half were buying the parts and putting the cars back together!
Colintree: if you are still in the process of buying the chassis you might want to rethink. Apart from the logbook question, I have a feeling a runner/doer-upper is going to be cheaper than having to buy each individual part as you will at least have one of each part you need.
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Hi Peter and Andy. Thanks for your replies and good advice. I am thinking that you are absolutely right. Looking for a complete car is probably the better option. It was just that a Mk2 Ruby has always been my favourite Seven model and feeling sad about all the original bodies that must have been set aside/scrapped over the decades - not that I don't admire the skills and enthusiasm that people have when building Specials and the end results. I guess the hobby means different things to different people and that's the way it should be, but for me its always about preserving originality and individual history of a car wherever possible and practical within the context of respect for safety in use.
Colintree: then saving a tatty MK2 ruby from dismantling/conversion will sit perfectly. Good luck.
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
I’m with Andy, a noble cause, I love a MkII Ruby.