The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just another run out in Ruby.....
Years ago I was travelling in France in my RN with 2 children and luggage (I was camping) so my spare petrol was strapped to the spare wheel. On a rather warm day pressure increased and the plastic container burst, thankfully without causing a conflagration. Sometimes I think modern safety rules take us backwards.
I always carry 2 x 5 litre cans in reserve and fill up every 200miles as the fuel gauges in both cars are not very accurate!
That's happened to me Dennis. I now simply take a plastic 'can', fill that and then transfer the contents to my metal cans back home. It's just easier that way!!

Steve
I'm waiting to be stopped while filling the tank on the BSA trike...I don't know whether the brass tankĀ is classed as a "metal container"...
I also carry a 1 gallon "Pratts Motor Spirit" type can and have filled that on several forecourts

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Duncan,
I know that I am going "off thread", but would love to see more of your trike. What size and age is the engine? If you are concerned about going off the thread, and had the inclination, then a pm would be nice.
RegardsĀ 
Graham
Back on thread and I've donated. Can you let me know details of your itinerary, so I can co-ordinate the North Cornwall element with Alastair and the hand over with Dean and the other CA7C members further down county.
Stay in touch and good luck!
Bob