The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WANTED
WANTED.
I'm looking for a horizontal float chamber to fit a SU Carb.
It's a    AUC 6010 G   probably off a early Morris.

My engine builder suggests this over the 30 degree angled float chamber and manifold adapter

Or happy to purchase complete carb ( at the right price ) Rolleyes
Have you tried Burlen?
I've sent an email,
but the only float bowl I can see that may suit is over £200, !!!!!!
Hi Bluebird

I had this problem when looking for a float bowl for my updraft set up on the Brookfields special.  I needed to change the float bowl angle and drop its level. I cut off the stem of the float bowl, tapped the hole and fitted a brass/copper tube between the float bowl and a spacer on the fuel intake. 

Be aware that altering the angle of the float bowl alters the level of fuel at the jet (the jet/choke tube is not immediately above the fuel intake.  If you are just moving between 30 degrees and horizontal this will probably not matter much but check the jet level at the jet itself rather than assuming the float level is OK.

Hope this helps

Howard

.jpeg   IMG_3996.jpeg (Size: 130.55 KB / Downloads: 186)
Hi Howard,
I toyed with the idea of running the bowel remotely from the carb, but may have found one on ebay.
My ( very well respected ) engine builder has suggested having it Horizontal, but 'a n other' builder, seems to suggest 30 degrees is best !!!??? Dodgy