The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some silliness just for fun
Gerryt, Orr and Dunwee, Sheffield funeral directors. Mr R Rat will understand.
A real one:

Greasy Vera's
Sandwich Bar
Pitsmoor Rd. (I have oft partaken on nights)

Specialities include a "Cheggburger" (A cheeseburger with a fried egg on top) and a Vera's "special" - bacon eggs, sausages & tom in a 6" breadcake (with the top dipped in the frying pan fat). comes complete with a direct line to the cardiology department at the Northern General Hospital. (and a card for the above funeral directors)

[Image: th?id=OIP.qekb2-w1fMqkrw-vG5PcTQAAAA&w=2...d=3.1&rm=2]
[Image: Fip2db9WQAE7weE.jpg.bcd36d589563a15e416b...22b30a.jpg]
Vera's Special sounds wonderful, I must visit soon!
Sadly it is no more. Vandals put paid to it.

Reminds me of a gravestone in Boot Hill:

Here Lies Lester Moore
Four slugs from a 44
No Les, no more.
On a ranch-like furniture store in Texas; "The Shack of Sit".
Fish and chip shops often have puns in their names... but when in our local one, I was fortunate to be waiting for my order when a chap asked for a huss and a place. Knowing huss has more than one name gave me the opportunity to quiz the fryer about the freshness of the fish,  'cos noone wants to be caught between rock and a hard plaice... it was a tumble weed moment but the penny dropped after a short pause.
In Carlton, near Selby, the Fish and Chip Shop is called 'Frying Nymo'. In Grimethorpe, near Barnsley, their used to be one called 'In Cod We Trust'.

Steve
In Merthyr

‘The Codfather’

Cheers

Howard
I saw one recently - "Curl up and dye" mobile hairdresser - not sure if it is effective but certainly memorable.
In 1971 they had a hair dressing shop in London ?, the sign on the front said "We curl up and die for you "
Then there was 'Siemens Staines'.