The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1927 Super Sports Seven
(14-02-2024, 10:21 AM)Steve kay Wrote: A prototype the shop sent out just for photos, wheel arches and running board only on one side?

I think more likely a demo of how it looks stripped for racing vs touring trim - hood, lights, side screens etc. gone too...
Would a spare wheel fit in the back?
Just to add some more information supplied to me on the photographs.
Following Robert's observation, the guage must be oil pressure. The air pump was slung under the dash, the later TT cars having it sited externally on the mechanic's side.
The air pump is connected both to the fuel tank and a 0-5 psi air gauge. Running pressure is 1 psi and when the engine is not running the pressure needs to be released. Under pressure, heat, eg sunlight, etc, can cause burst joints.
The spare wheel was situated in the tail.
In the second photo, an inlet and blow off valve can just be seen, so the engine is supercharged which suggests Chris K-C's assertion is correct.
Here's one of the Southport cars. Note air gauge and opened air pump. 

Sorry. I should have said the air pump is mounted ' internally "
(14-02-2024, 06:16 PM)Chris Garner Wrote: Sorry. I should have said the air pump is mounted ' internally "

I'm assuming this is a contemporary rather than historic photo? There's a lot going.
Are there any photos of the blower gauge?
The lower of the two knobs on the right appears to have a pointer. It looks very similar to the chain oiler I had on my Frazer Nash, now removed. Is this possible an oiler/pump for the blower?

Erich in Mukilteo
Answering my own question here and maybe of help to others, it's David Howe's TT car.

The "lap counter" is a French Billiard counter, appear on eBay every now and then for those that want one, this is the large one, the smaller one is probably the one you want.

Photo below taken at Goodwood Revival.

If you click the photo below and click left in Flickr you will see some other dash layouts from GW 82 & VE 4492, all different!

[Image: 5008505360_e6a371d824_c.jpg]

AUY 496
by henryharris, on Flickr
so that's a fair bit later chronologically...