The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
early speedo drive system
can anyone give me details of the early speedometer drive for a 1926 car the metal pressing and the drive +pully size +details of the small shaft that drives the speedo cable I am at np12 1hy , is there anyone anywhere near me where I can go to see this drive system best regards robert regan.
I'm on the other side of the country but I can post you some pictures of the setup that I have on my 1925 chummy. The propshaft element will be different as I have a Spicer unit.
Suffolk, UK

1925 Chummy
1934 Box
Dave Williams @ Austineers might be able to help you he`s at Bradford Upon Avon, Wilts.
I have a photo of the Underneath of a 1926
GE Cup with these fittings if you need it,

Bill G
Based near the Scottish Border,
Robert,

some years back Dave Dye (Austin in the Shed) made a replacement pulley up for me. He may be able to do the same for you.
As promised here is the underside of my 1925 Chummy (flash and close up makes everything look very rusty; its not that bad). Hope these help.

.jpg   P1070781x.jpg (Size: 143.54 KB / Downloads: 499)

.jpg   P1070777x.jpg (Size: 157.65 KB / Downloads: 499)

.jpg   P1070772x.jpg (Size: 78.73 KB / Downloads: 497)

.jpg   P1070779x.jpg (Size: 89.56 KB / Downloads: 496)
Suffolk, UK

1925 Chummy
1934 Box
Those photos show things pretty comprehensively, but see also the Parts List on the Association Archive pages, scroll down to page 27:

http://archive.a7ca.org/wp-content/uploads/PL_353I.pdf
Speedo drive components,most of them.
There 3 different solid pulleys ,2 different "head" castings and 2 different brackets,Early 2 bolt with folded over end which hooked around the chassis rail and later 3  bolt mount.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

thank you to all who have replied to my request for information about the early speedometer drive,I now have a much better understanding of what I need to make it work,the photos of all the different  components,and photos of the system in place on a car are just what I needed,I can get parts made and make some myself but if there is anyone out there with any of the bits for sale I would be glad to here from you best regards Rob.
Just idly flicking through a copy of Wyatt page 197 has an excellent parts book extract showing all the parts including the two types of bracket. That's page 197 of my 1982 third edition The Austin Seven by Wyatt, may be different in other editions.