The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice Pic of a Swallow
The Swallow in the the photo is an early model probably 1929...although it could possibly even be a Blackpool car. Dating clues are the aluminium radiator surround and the sliding windows.
In which case I'll lay bets on the registration being UW 2235!
My Dad's first car had a UW registration. The 1929 M Type still survives but sadly doesn't get out much now!

[Image: Scan.jpg]

Incidentally, the bird mascot is not a Swallow Coachworks item. Very few offered for sale are.

As an aside, there were no Mark 1 or 2 Swallow models. The late Donald Doughty (Austin Swallow Register founder) chose to adopt the nomenclatures as a convenient means of identifying early and later cars. Swallow Coachworks would announce new models at the annual London Motor Show.
Vanessa was unable to elaborate further but has kindly shared another picture:

Splendid! I think that confirms the UW registration and the date of registration at September 1929.
The front and rear tyres do not seem to be of similar pattern which suggests that the car had done some mileage by the time the photo was taken.
Lovely photos, if it was mine I would have to take those trafficators off!
I had a pair of traffictors like that on my first RK saloon - I took them off!

I have a pair of those trafficators in my shed. I think that's where they will stay!
The observant amongst us may have noticed that the scuttle vents are facing backwards. I expect they were directing cold air onto the drivers legs.