The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hydraulic brakes and AI
(03-02-2024, 01:31 PM)Nick Lettington Wrote: I have a surplus of 7" Morris Minor brake backplates, some ready to fit a semi girling axle and some requiring modification. I thought I might list them on eBay. Their new AI tool generates a fantastic description...

"Introducing the iconic Austin Seven 7 Sports Special hydraulic brake backplates, perfect for any car parts and accessories enthusiast. Crafted with precision and care, this item is a must-have addition to your collection. The brand behind this masterpiece is none other than Austin, a name synonymous with quality and durability. These backplates are a great fit for any vehicle parts and accessories collection, and are sure to impress any discerning buyer. With a sleek design and reliable hydraulic brake, this item is an essential addition to any car enthusiast's arsenal. Don't miss out on this opportunity to add the Austin Seven 7 Sports Special hydraulic brake backplates to your collection today!"

Oh dear!

That is the classic definition of b*llsh*t  Huh

Where did this come from ?

"the brand behind this masterpiece is none other than Austin"
(05-02-2024, 10:27 PM)Tony Press Wrote:
(03-02-2024, 01:31 PM)Nick Lettington Wrote: I have a surplus of 7" Morris Minor brake backplates, some ready to fit a semi girling axle and some requiring modification. I thought I might list them on eBay. Their new AI tool generates a fantastic description...

"Introducing the iconic Austin Seven 7 Sports Special hydraulic brake backplates, perfect for any car parts and accessories enthusiast. Crafted with precision and care, this item is a must-have addition to your collection. The brand behind this masterpiece is none other than Austin, a name synonymous with quality and durability. These backplates are a great fit for any vehicle parts and accessories collection, and are sure to impress any discerning buyer. With a sleek design and reliable hydraulic brake, this item is an essential addition to any car enthusiast's arsenal. Don't miss out on this opportunity to add the Austin Seven 7 Sports Special hydraulic brake backplates to your collection today!"

Oh dear!

It's composed using an "Artificial Intelligence" program of which several are available including the well-known and free-to-use Chat GDP https://chat.openai.com/ Go to the site and play with it. Ask it questions - it sometimes gets the answer hopelessly wrong - demand that it re-writes a passage in the style of Shakespeare or Bacon, or ask it to write poetry or a story. It will also write excellent computer code, do your maths homework - and (using a different program) even compose a picture of your dog chewing it up.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(05-02-2024, 10:27 PM)Tony Press Wrote:

"Introducing the iconic ..."

Oh dear!

The EBay listing tool offers to generate a description for you using AI. I thought I'd see what it had to say. 

After a long time on site, I write [technical stuff] for a living now... but I'm not worried about loosing my job just yet. One day we will be sharing the roads with driverless cars... let's hope their algorithms are a little more sophisticated.

And if anyone want's a set of hydraulic brake backplates, please do get in touch!