The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Austin Service Journal Vol 1 1928
Does any kind soul have a copy of this publication? either hard copy or scanned?

I have the 1928 Volume 2.  June-July, 1928 which has so far proved to be extremely useful to me as I have a 1928 16/6, 1928 being there first year of production but I suspect Volume 1 and also later volumes would be equally enlightening also.

I have a scanned copy of mine should members wish an emailed PDF of it.

Graeme
I have full years of Vol 1 and 2, and some of other years . If you can PM me what you are needing we can sort something out. regards Russell
I have volumes 1 -13 ( April 1927 - October 1939 ) containing just the Austin 7hp models.
I believe you can still buy these.
The Archive has a complete set of these, and some spares (though off the top of my head, I'm not sure which they are). If no one else can help in the short term, we can probably have a look for anything specific for your needs in the next 2 or 3 weeks.

As Chris G says, there is a reprint of just the Austin 7 aspects which, I believe, was done by Dave Phillips when he owned the Wrokshop. I think Jamie still has them available for sale...

hth...
(28-01-2024, 01:26 PM)squeak Wrote: I have full years of Vol 1 and 2, and some of other years . If you can PM me what you are needing we can sort something out. regards Russell

PM sent

(28-01-2024, 03:23 PM)Archivist Wrote: The Archive has a complete set of these, and some spares (though off the top of my head, I'm not sure which they are). If no one else can help in the short term, we can probably have a look for anything specific for your needs in the next 2 or 3 weeks.

As Chris G says, there is a reprint of just the Austin 7 aspects which, I believe, was done by Dave Phillips when he owned the Wrokshop. I think Jamie still has them available for sale...

hth...

Hi, that sounds great though I am after the complete guides not just the A7 excerpts.

My main interest is the changes relating to 12/4 16/6 18's and 20's as they tend to be cross compatible in various ways with the 16/6's which I have 2 of.

The factory info is invaluable to tracking down specifics like year of manufacture and owner made modifications to the cars over the last 96 years and where changes took place in manufacture by chassis and body numbers providing a rock solid reference that kicks out the guess work.

I am based here in NZ, hard copies are of course the best but good digital copies are very portable.

I have been digitizing all my Austin owner manuals in info ( Austin 10's and now 16's) as well as trying to source any digital records so that I can archive them this side of the pond.

Graeme
Graeme where can I find your digitised file?
I have a large number of owners manuals and spare parts manuals for the larger Austins and could post over the originals of ones you don't have.  cheers Russell
(29-01-2024, 12:26 AM)squeak Wrote: Graeme where can I find your digitised file?
I have a large number of owners manuals and spare parts manuals for the larger Austins and could post over the originals of ones you don't have.  cheers Russell

Do you happen to have a copy of the 16/6 owners manual publication 618a, I already have 618, 618b and 618c.

618a would be the second edition in Austins nonsensical edition letters. I had thought that b would be the 2nd edition not the 3rd.

Looking for the complete 1928 set as there are some major and minor differences between cars in the 1928 year frame and these are usually apparent between each successive owners manual edition.

A 1928 16/6 spare parts book would be great if I could find one, my current copy is the 679D edition from April 1931 which is not correct for my car.

Graeme
No cigar Graeme,
 I have the Austin 16 parts manual 679D as well, also the much later 192B and 242 for 1946