The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Distributor mounting
What’s the correct orientation of the bolt which locates the bottom plate of the distributor to the dynamo body please. Should the hole in the dynamo body be tapped. Mine looks as though it had a thread at some time. Currently I have it biked through from the top with a nut under. Thanks for advice
Yes it should be tapped- 1/4" BSF if I remember with a special shouldered bolt on the early moveable slotted plate
Hi Peter

As Tony says.  

I’ve just fitted a DJ4 distributor to the dynamo in my C Cab. Strangely the 1/4” BSF bolt was a stiff fit so I ran a 1/4 BSF tap down the hole. Afterwards I wondered if the original thread was 0 BA?

If your car has manual advance and retard the shouldered bolt should also have a spring under the head.
Unfortunately details of this bolt, spring and clamping plate are not listed in my 1930 list of spare parts.

Cheers

Howard
The mounting bolt threads are 1/4 bsw.
Thanks to Ruairidhpedia, I now know I have a couple of the correct shouldered bolts spare, should you need one.

Thanks for confirming Ruairidh

Howard
Yes Peter and Nick... bolts on their way... not much of a dent in the junk in the garage cleared, but every little helps!
Many thanks Nick, that’s a very good of you and much appreciated
Ditto!
(27-01-2024, 10:24 AM)Nick Lettington Wrote: Thanks to Ruairidhpedia, I now know I have a couple of the correct shouldered bolts spare, should you need one.

Wot no photo?

Notice the copper plate? Presumably to inhibit corrosion? Was this done to much of the original equipment?