The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D-Type Axle Rebuild
Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if I could ask your advice? I'm in the process of rebuilding the D-type axle (1936) on my Nippy and I am trying to find the specific torque settings for the pinion shaft nut, diff carrier/cage bolts and the torque tube to casing bolts.

Does anyone happen to have this information to hand?

Thanks

Matthew
I doubt figures were ever published Matthew.
The first two on your list need to be good and tight - probably as tight as you can realistically get them without making special tools. Use the appropriate lock washers etc. In all three cases pay close attention to the condition of the mating parts and make the joint as 'clean' as you possibly can - all nice and square and flat with no burrs, dirt or other defects.
Hi Chris

Thanks for your reply. I have started to wonder if anything was officially written down. Like you say, I'll do them all as tight as I can get them. I've stripped it all back, degreased and cleaned all the components and I've also got new lock washers, so all being well it should back together nicely.

Setting it all back up again is going to be funĀ  Smile

Thanks for your advice.

Matthew