The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark 1 Lotus
There is a very nice piece on the Lotus Mark 1, recreated by Colin Chapman's son, in the latest Octane magazine - edition 249, March 2024.
Ruairidh had a hand in this project.
Also a piece on Hagerty UK's belief in which classics to watch out for in 2024. Eight are featured, one being the J40 Austin pedal car!
I suppose they are thinking that as we all get older, there will be a demand for J40 bodies to sit on mobility scooter chassis?
We supplied the rear springs for it Chris, nothing else.
Watch out for the J40? Why, are prices going to crash? They're surely not going to get even more expensive!
(20-01-2024, 04:02 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: Watch out for the J40? Why, are prices going to crash? They're surely not going to get even more expensive!

Haha! I must admit I thought the same thing, it doesn't take much Googling to come up with something like this...

.jpg   J40-13k.jpg (Size: 32.54 KB / Downloads: 152)

That one is available from Burlen so you can add it to your basket the next time you order a Zenith refurb kit! They also make "continuation models".

The ridiculous prices are probably largely due to the Goodwood Revival Settrington Cup which must have mopped up most of the supply.

Talking of the Revival, this is from last year.

.jpg   LotusMk1-a.jpg (Size: 193.13 KB / Downloads: 152)  
.jpg   LotusMk1-b.jpg (Size: 173.62 KB / Downloads: 152)