The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Alternative engines in an Austin Seven
?John, again, Japan to been you Have
(19-01-2024, 07:14 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: ?John, again, Japan to been you Have

Ruairidh, having been a guru to so many of us for so long, are you turning into the Austin Seven equivalent of Yoda?  Big Grin
Likeness real is, some so say!

More a comment on the way Japanese is read and how John approached the thread, Daisy loves Yoda (and all things Star Wars) so will be delighted at the comparison.
Pulse Jet
"Grandad, now that I'm 17 and just a lightweight girl, I'd like to get into motorsport and fancy drag racing. Could you fit a bigger engine in one of your Sevens?"
"Well, yes, it would be possible, but for drag racing, you'd need an engine very much bigger and more powerful."
"Oh, I'm not too bothered about results yet, I'd just like to cause a bit of a stir and thought a Seven might be a way of doing it. What would you propose?"
"As a young lady wanting to show off, we could build you something like this - an 8-lire V12 with 4-wheel drive and running on nitro - we'd pop on a fake Austin radiator of course. If you dressed appropriately, it might cause a few raised eyebrows."
"Ooh! Grandda, that looks terrific. When can we start?"

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

As we are getting silly; you might find this interesting !!

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/austin...402132666/
I prefer not to let on what is under the bonnet - and then leave them standing at the lights.

.jpg   A57 Near Me.jpg (Size: 127.17 KB / Downloads: 188)
(22-01-2024, 05:50 PM)Lowespeed Wrote: As we are getting silly; you might find this interesting !!

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/austin...402132666/

That's a great collection of pictures.
Not quite sure that they would be acceptable for LCES events.
I remember seeing, but cannot remember where, a clip of an Austin 7  bare running chassis, drivers seat ,being driven on a sort of trials Event. The Austin was powered by a Hillman Imp engine coupled to standard A7 transmission and wheels. I have often wondered why the Imp engine was not more widely used.