The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Alternative engines in an Austin Seven
Rhuaididh, there certainly was a J2 MG at Caldercruix that had a Ford engine for a very long time indeed. Good for trialling.
Thumbs Up 
Thanks Ruairidh, I looked them up, must have been the Cleone that day on account of the pop bang and the smoke
I seem to remember a film clip of a Ruby fitted with a gypsy major aero engine complete with propellor
Alan Fairless
I have seen a photo of a seven with a Stationary Engine fitted and large stack exhaust pipe, poissibly a lister diesel - i cant however find the photo
There's an Austin 7 based special that competes with the VSCC with a supercharged MG engine

There's also a VSCC sprint car with a FIAT  (Ballila?) engine.
(19-01-2024, 01:25 PM)JohnD Wrote: I have seen a photo of a seven with a Stationary Engine fitted and large stack exhaust pipe, poissibly a lister diesel - i cant however find the photo

John, I think you’ll find Ruairidh has already posted a pic of that car earlier in this thread.
My friend’s MG PA was tuned by a well known tuning expert and produced the standard 35 bhp.
I could overtake him easily in my pretend Ulster going up the long climb from Sheffield to the Peak District Moors. Perhaps he didn’t want to try too hard having spent a small fortune on his car. The parts are indeed very expensive compared to A7s.
According to google the PA weighs roughly 14.5 cwt, nearly twice as much as your pretend Ulster I would guess, Dave. Even if your car produced a modest 25 hp it seems reasonable that it would scurry past the MG.

Regards,

Stuart
(19-01-2024, 04:24 PM)Ivor Hawkins Wrote:
(19-01-2024, 01:25 PM)JohnD Wrote: I have seen a photo of a seven with a Stationary Engine fitted and large stack exhaust pipe, poissibly a lister diesel - i cant however find the photo

John, I think you’ll find Ruairidh has already posted a pic of that car earlier in this thread.

Thats what happens when you start the book at the back - i didnt see it on the written list