The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lock nut question
With a solid packer, the period-correct locking device would be a spring washer.
To adjust the gap, remove some material from the ends of the rear feet and elongate the holes. It should all slip back into place, easily.
I had to extend the rear tabs  on the tank by 5/16" as the holes did not reach the ones in the dash. I've done this and the tank is hard up Against the firewall bulkhead with the gap yo see in the photo.

So... 1929 equivalent to a Nylok would be?

Stephen
Our tank has a rubber sealimg strip round the flange and is held in palce with 5/16 BSF bolts with a nut and spring washer. Seems to work.
Jim
(15-01-2024, 09:00 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: I have seen evidence of felt tape all around the the edge with the front face on some every original cars.

My 1925 Chummy had felt around the front face when I took the tank out over 50 years ago. It was quite difficult to replace it with new felt accurately.
Mine also David...and yes is was a b..... to re-install. How did the factory manage? Answers on a postcard.
Gum...?