The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another remarkable donation to the Archive
We were contacted recently by Chris Freeman who was in the process of dealing with the possessions of one Bernard Harcourt who had passed away. He asked if we might be interested in a photo album that had turned up. When some initial images became available, it was immediately apparent how special this collection might be and that it contained some truly important images, more so when a bit of digging revealed that Bernard Harcourt was a member of the Harcourt family who provided oil gauges to Austin amongst others.

As has often been stated before, donations are the life blood of the Association Archive. Prior to this, all donations received, certainly in the last 5 years or so, have come from people that have had a direct relationship with the Austin 7, either as current owners or immediate relatives of them,  so that makes this an even more thoughtful gift. You may have seen the lengthier article on the Album and its donation in the most recent Association Magazine.

The Album has now been digitised and added to the Archive web site where it can be viewed in its totality and true glory.

This is a real demonstration of how important donations can be… As an acknowledgement to the family’s generosity a donation has been made in turn from Archive funds to the Red Cross, their suggested cause, in Bernard Harcourt’s memory.

https://archive.a7ca.org/collections/photographs/bernard-harcourt/

I would also like to take this opportunity of acknowledging friend of the Archive, Chris Garner, and the role he played in this acquisition.
Superb!

Well done all.
What a splendid album and so much of interest! Many thanks to all involved in this.
Superb. Well done to everyone involved. And very grateful thanks to the donors.
What a lovely collection of photographs, and how generous that Bernard's family saw fit to leave it to the Association for us all to enjoy.
Brilliant
Excellent, what a fabulous collection and great that it has been saved and recorded. I often see albums like this at vintage sales, I can't go around buying them all myself but I do wonder what becomes of them.

The first picture on page 7 is a bit of a shock until you read the caption!
What a wonderful collection, whatever you do don’t let Tony Griffiths get hold of any of them, heaven knows how Bernard Harcourt's history may change!
Super pics.
I was about to whine that they're a bit small but then found the "zoom" button!
Another splendid addition to the Archive; many thanks to all those involved.

Just a couple of comments regarding the intro text: in addition to the Harcourt oil gauges used in Sevens through the 'thirties, they also made the Linkula gauge which was offered as an accessory to replace the oil button on Sevens of the 'twenties.

And the event mention in Bernard's competition exploits was the Colmore Cup, not Calmore.