The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cylinder head identification
I was given a boot full of Seven spares by a friend recently, most things beyond saving but amongst them was this low compression head. Can anyone date it for me? priming holes which have been blocked up, no identification numbers at all which I thought was odd and, rather curiously, a crack which seems to have been in the mould, not the casting. More paint removal needed to be certain.

The very best data available on early Austin Seven cylinder heads is:  https://sevenrk.wordpress.com/2019/05/31...ion-heads/
Looks very much like frost damage to me, that crack. Nice paperweight.
This is a magneto engined head, the frost damage in that area is common, I have two just like yours!
Oh well, another doorstop I suppose!
Lest you feel hard done by, Ian has 200-300 l/c cylinder heads. We considered using them to make a “metalled” track into the garden, any other suggestions would be most welcome.
Somebody should have thuoght of this. If we had all bought cyl heads, ranging in number from my scanty nine through to the Senior Dunford collection to the Centenary Celebrations a Guinness record for the greatest number of car, or motorcycle or even Little Grey Fergie cylinder heads would have been ours for the taking! If we had spread them out at Prescott to calculate the award winning area, we could have offered to leave them as a historically significant surfacing to avoid mud in the Orchard. I am sure Gemma would have been most grateful.
Not feeling hard done by at all, I was given it. Feeling slightly less pleased about the tyres I need to pay to dispose of   Big Grin  

A metalled path sound a bit slippery to me. I have one I use as a weight for veneering timber. Now I have two more, but before you ask Ruairidh no, I don't need another 300!
“One more wafer thin cylinder head Mr Creosote”?