The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friends' Gallery Picture of the Month - January 2024
This month's picture was an eBay listing spotted by Tony Griffiths.

The Halifax registration dates from April 1934, so we can identify the car as an alloy-bodied 65 rather than the later steel-bodied Nippy, but who's going to identify the location? It could be local to the owner in Yorkshire, or perhaps it's in the Lake District; or has the owner ventured further afield to Wales or Scotland? 

There's very little in the way of clues, but perhaps someone can recognise where we are... or shall we just make it into a caption competition? I'm reminded of the the MG adverts from the 1970s with the caption 'Your mother wouldn't like it'.

I like the photo Mike.

It's a bit early in the new year and my token attempt at searching for the location failed, but it did throw up this which I'd not seen before: https://heritagecalling.com/2021/02/12/t...hway-code/

I could give quite a list of hills in Wales that it is not, are the Sheffield team still out carousing? And in a mood of post party jollity, instead of “your mother wouldn’t like it” perhaps the sign means “anything for the weekend, sir?” or maybe just “ooh matron!”
What about the caption, “Can anyone tell me where I am as I appear to be lost.”

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
On Old Sutton Bank there is (was) a sign "Cyclists Dismount" and about 200 yards on there isa second "Cyclists, You Have Been Warned"
Thanks for that Chris - the Historic England Blog is well worth a visit. Who knew that the Abbey Road zebra crossing now has a Grade 11 preservation order - and that early traffic lights were just red and green
When Archivist, I bought a glass plate of this image. I recall there was a bit of discussion on the forum at the time..

Ah yes...

https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/for...2#pid81343
There used to be a sign like that at Honister years ago.
This really does look like Bridge of Brown.