The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Austin Magzine - an RK and a 2-seater
The Austin Magzine Christmas edition for 1929 with the original RK features and a fake for 1933 with a PD 2-seater.

Attached Files
.jpg   14 ok.jpg (Size: 404.44 KB / Downloads: 216)
.jpg   14a ok.jpg (Size: 412.04 KB / Downloads: 213)
It seems I'm not alone driving an open car around in winter, since reinstating the plated over sunshine roofs of our cars I quite often have it open on a clear winters night, maybe it should be called a star light roof.
I agree. There is something about driving an open car at night. In the day, during summer, it's often just too hot with the hood down, but as dusk arrives it's much more pleasant.
(23-12-2023, 12:01 PM)Dave Mann Wrote: ... since reinstating the plated over sunshine roofs of our cars I quite often have it open on a clear winters night, maybe it should be called a star light roof.

A car auction I used to regularly frequent many years ago would always refer to a car's sunroof as a "Moon Roof".
I guess a lot depends on where you live.

My RP is a Standard saloon, without sun/moon/star roof and just today on my drive round I was contemplating on whether I'd like a tourer. In the winter, here, without a doubt but even so, I wouldn't be driving it without some form of protection for my bonce, being tonsorially challenged. My MGF does get all year round use, but you can forget roof down motoring here after the middle of May, unless as you say it's at night. Driving roof down when it's 30+°C is not at all pleasant. Perhaps when you're moving because you don't feel it as much, but get stuck in traffic and you regret it. I go for the compromise where I put the roof up as a sun screen but zip out the rear screen and drive with the windows and wind-stop down. It's a good compromise.

The RP is OK in the summer if you can cope with the heat from the engine bay. Windows down screen open, is great.