The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preserving the wood frame
Hello all. 
I've got to point in the van project where the wood frame needs to be treated with preservative before  putting any more structure in place. John Heath recommended CUPRINOL clear of which I have two litres waiting to be be used on the frame and all the pieces yet to be assembled on it.

Has anyone had any issues with glue or paint after the wood has been treated ?

What are your thoughts on this ? I live in a dry climate, we don't get wood worm, and the likelihood of the car being used in the rain is very minimal.
I'm just wondering if I am worrying needlessly  about this ?

Thanks,
Stephen
I've been using Cuprinol (5 star wood treatment) on new bits of wood I'm putting in the roof of my saloon.
The only thing I'd say is make sure it's had plenty of time to dry properly before attempting to glue or paint it.
That said, I'm neither gluing it nor painting it in my car.

Necessary? Well I can't see that it does any harm. Judging by the state of some of the wood I removed it may be a good idea, however mild your local conditions are.
I treated my Cup's body with wood preservative, then painted the inside black and varnished inside the boot. I'm not sure whether it was necessary, but it's nice to do a proper job!