The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'The Friendly 7'
Bruce, you must think I’m made of money. You know I’ve got short arms and deep pockets and anyway I’m always last through the pub door and have much difficulty in immediately locating my wallet.
I know, it's a terrible affliction. You have my greatest sympathies. Smile
(18-12-2023, 09:24 PM)Reckless Rat Wrote: ...... but the offside wheels of your RN are on what might well be construed as being public highway and as such would have rendered the parking illegal. 

I thought that in most areas yellow lines had been 'de-criminalised' so it was no longer an offence, and now administered by the local council. We no longer have Traffic wardens here, they are Civil Enforcement officers. In reality they seldom ticket for yellow line misdemeanors but spend their time ticketing in car parks and marked out roadside parking areas.
WTF? This is one the worst thread hijacks. Is there no moderator to edit irrelevant junk?
Reading irrelevant junk is not compulsory...
And to keep this amusing thread going on a dim, wet December day I have an important breaking Austin Seven news from Switzerland. Never mind Sutton Bank, how about this?

...if one would like a poster....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   z Alpine Post 2 Post.jpg (Size: 297.95 KB / Downloads: 130)
.jpg   z Alpine Post1.jpg (Size: 295.82 KB / Downloads: 130)
(19-12-2023, 11:08 AM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: Reading irrelevant junk is not compulsory...

Sadly seems to be happening on every thread now. I mostly don't read past page 1 as generally it veers of randomly. This one is particularly bad. From vents to bad parking to a random poster of Swiss postage car that didn't exist.
They are offering 25% off sense of humour repair kits on Amazon this week. Looks like yours rejected you!

Come on, life's too short (for some of us - we have to make the most of it.)
I used to think that Immodesty was the cause of verbal diahorrea and Imodium was a cure for...
In an old paper, an Austin 7 tale was told,
But the discussion thread swerved, highly uncontrolled.
Ventilators and parking crimes took flight,
Swiss mountain posters, gosh, what a sight!
But often on tangents, concerning men 'of old'
the better stories are sometimes told....