The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap instruments
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114374948303?...%3A4429486
This popped up in my saved Austin Seven parts eBay search. I know they're not particularly relevant to Austins but can anyone believe you can get quality for this price(see previous post re. quality /cost etc)
I bought a full set of these a few years ago - they are incredible value, but I am yet to find a suitable project for them.
Are they any good? Have you had a chance to test them? I nearly fell of my chair when I saw the prices. Both of the Pembletons I built had sets of instruments which cost what seemed like a fortune at the time. IIRC both of the oil pressure gauges were more expensive than this full set!
The odometer doesn't seem to inspire confidence... Tongue

Geoffrey
No idea, see above, not used yet…
Perhaps the odometer has been tested and the figure left as a proof?
Does the mileage click over to a complete number, or does it move gradually on a Smiths speedo? The "tenths" is on 3, and I assumed that the first digit would click over to 6 fully, not hovering between 5 and 6. Just musing. I don't really know.
Depends really. If the gearing is right they are remarkably good value. If it’s not they aren’t much use.
Alan Fairless
Sadly this illustrates and demonstrates the reasons for the ever dwindling manufacturing industry in the UK.
Just don't think too hard about the people (including Children) in India being paid less than a pound a day to work (yes I've seen it, been in Indian steel tube manufacturing factories, the scariest work places I have ever been to, even compared to Chinese factories).
And I truly accept that I am a part of this and a hypocrite in saying this since I undoubtedly own things made under these circumstances.
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
I bought a Smiths ammeter a couple of months ago, delivery in under a week from INDIA ! It looks and works OK but is definitely not Smiths as we know it.