The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
RL or RM Van details
I am researching SWB vans, particularly RL or RM types. Does anyone know of any detail drawings which survive?
I have looked through the Associations on line archive without success.
Hi Dave

The Source Book page 293 (Line drawing of RL van) and page 326 (line drawing of RM with dimensions)

Cheers

Howard
Thanks for the information Howard. I am considering a project to create a van from a box saloon, so I would like to find details of the construction for accuracy. I wonder if there are any close to the Midlands, where I am based?
Have you considered getting in touch with Chris Blower the A7CA Van Registrar - I'd imagine he may know of any RL or RM vans that are Midlands based and perhaps he'll be able to put you in touch with the owners. Would also suggest contacting Martin Prior as he may have already measured up one of these vans for potential future ash framework production.
Dave Mawby has a very original VD van; his contact details are in the front of the Grey Mag.