The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C cab details
Hi All

I’ve been busy making some alterations to my recently acquired C Cab.  I can now sit in the seats and feel comfortable although I’m not a 100% happy with the look of the cushions.

However I thought I might change the Dulux gloss door cards for some vinyl offerings.  Well not only was the gloss painted plywood glued and nailed to the substrate but some very interesting door construction was revealed.  Seems the drivers side comprises a sheet of thin ply with a ‘frame’ of thicker ply cut to suit.  However the passenger side is solid timber neatly kerfed and glued to an appropriate profile.  Seems to work though so I’m leaving well alone!

However the door beading on the drivers side is half round T section 3/4” wide and on the passenger side it is a flat T section.  Am I right in thinking the half round section is correct for AD Chummys of the period 28/29?

Cheers

Howard

.jpeg   IMG_3778.jpeg (Size: 109.09 KB / Downloads: 302)
.jpeg   IMG_3781.jpeg (Size: 107.61 KB / Downloads: 302)
.jpeg   IMG_3784.jpeg (Size: 128.19 KB / Downloads: 301)
Love the van Howard, always fancied one, more pics please?
This is the section, from a small piece of original moulding.

The capping is still available, but has a slight dome - but easily corrected with a file and some elbow grease. See: https://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/p-1039-cope-moulding

Attached Files
.jpeg   Cope Moulding top-of-door trim.jpeg (Size: 18.99 KB / Downloads: 79)
Hi Both

Thanks! The cope moulding on the top of the door is currently simply a half round rather than hockey stick.  Which begs the question does the return go on the outside or inside of the door?

What I was really asking was regarding this section in the photo which runs around the door.  I actually decided it must be half round and ordered some. Unfortunately only available in either 16mm or 22mm not 3/4” which (from the other door) I’m assuming is correct. 22mm ordered and just delivered!! I can always file it down.

Cheers

Howard

.jpeg   IMG_3787.jpeg (Size: 56.18 KB / Downloads: 59)