The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wire Brushes for Dremel Tools
Does anyone have a source of affordable wire brushes, suitable for Dremels, that do not shed their wires like confetti? I bought some recently for my Dremel and whilst they worked well enough, the bristles flew out almost constantly. My work coat had them embedded all up the sleeve, penetrating through to the clothing below. I threw the remainder away because they were so unpleasant to use.

Jamie.
I bought a pack of 50 assorted small wire brushes from the Big River website.

They were ridiculously cheap - under £ 10 - so I assumed they might be useless rubbish.

They work well, getting into areas like the base of the carb bowl, for instance.

I use them in a standard drill with small bit extension chuck.

They don't shed much, if at all.

Maybe the Dremel revs are too high?
Hi,
You mean sthg. like this? Before Brexit I would have sent you 2 or 3 packages... but
Lidl Parkside
I've found the Lidl/Parkside brushes very good with minimal loss of wires. Available in UK Lidl stores but only sometimes and you never know when.

Steve
I’ve had similar problems with the Dremel brushes and found the Lidl ones were better and significantly cheaper…as you say Steve, you never know when Lidl will have them on stock!
Which is why I buy several packs when I see them. I think the Dremel originals are a little superior to the Lidl version but not good enough to justify the much higher cost. Wearing safety glasses of some sort is a good move - I'm sure you do.

Regards,

Stuart
Thank you for the suggestion of Lidl brushes. I buy a fair few of their tools and find them generally decent. They had Dremel-style cutting discs a few weeks back and they are good. I shall keep an eye out there for the brushes as well.

I did try using the Dremel at a lower speed with the brushes that I had, but at a speed lower enough not to shed bristles, they did not really have the speed to do any good. I have binned the lot.

James.
I was in Lidl a couple of days ago and saw that they had a variety of attachments for Dremel-type tools of which I bought a selection, including wire brushes. They are so much better that the lot that I bought from e-bay and do not shed their bristles like leaves in an autumn gale.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Jamie.
I find that cheap Chinese ones off ebay, if they shed, are ok when you use them for lower speed on the Dremel...