The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dashboard switch is broken
Hi all, I have an A7 Special, and a dashboard switch is broken. There are a pair of them on this dashboard. Is it an Austin part, or is it from something else? And does anyone know where I might find another? Thanks.

I have similar to that in my Swallow, it looks like it is Wilmot Breeden, what has broken, these are very simple (and cheaply made when new), they turn up every now & then - I know of two sizes, a larger one with hole centres at approximately 1.3/4" and the smaller one has hole centres at just under 1.1/4", I have a spare smaller one.
Hi

Hard to tell from a photo, but it looks like it is made from Mazak. Wilmot Breeden made a lot of stuff like lock barrels from Mazak, so Gary's suggestion would fit. I think Austin bought in most of their electrical kit from Lucas, and I don't recognise it as a Lucas style.
I think they were used on the Austin 12 HP to operate the rear compartment interior light(S)
Lowered is correct I have seen these used on the B Post for interior lamps. Make unknown.

To correct the above Lowespeed.
Yes, certainly they are cheaply made -- I've photographed the unbroken one. The tab (diecast) broke off the other.
They are 1 1/8" screw centres.
I could, perhaps, try to araldite the broken one. It's not a large are to take glue though.
Alternatively I could look for another pair of vintage-looking switches.

Now that you you mention it (Lowespeed) I have seen these as switches for interior lights.
On my Special they are used to switch the dashboard lights.