The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nobody talking about this ebay chummy for sale ?
A year ago it would have sold in a week... does this mean the cost of living and demand is down on such projects...

AUSTIN 7 TOP HAT SALOON 1930 nice tidy car to restore {chummy }

cheers
Matt
It's certainly not a "nice tidy car", it's the opposite, a kit of parts with some, like the front seats and steering wheel assembly, not original. For the price, one is buying a saloon - the most difficult type of Seven to rebuild - that will soak up a tremendous amount of time and money. It's not a car that could be tidied up over a few weeks and put into safe running order. With the body discarded (heaven forbid) what would the rest fetch with a non-original registration on a V5?
Hi

Contrast this with a very slightly later car at Brightwells on the 6th December.

https://www.brightwells.com/timed-sale/5...ale%2f5376

I know where my money would go!

Cheers

Howard
I saw that car the day it went up for sale and noticed all the non original parts and also that it had been robbed of its original number, so like Tony I gave it a miss.

There are a lot better cars out there and prices seem to have levelled out, only the really desirable, authentic and unrestored cars making serious money.

As has been said before, 20s and 30s Austins mean the most to old farts like me, so the market is shrinking.
This car was discussed in the thread 'Another RK?' posted 22nd October when it first appeared.
For just £3k more you can get this, but it isn't selling either.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134794168531?...R_ygrqv-Yg

I have a look at ebay daily, just searching for Austin. On the whole my conclusion is that the majority are not selling.
The first rule of auctions is if you see something you want don't tell anybody!
(21-11-2023, 05:31 PM)andrew34ruby Wrote: For just £3k more you can get this, but it isn't selling either.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134794168531?...R_ygrqv-Yg

I have a look at ebay daily, just searching for Austin. On the whole my conclusion is that the majority are not selling.

Andrew, excuse me if you know this already, but to save searching every day, after the initial search find, at the top of the page, the little heart-shaped box and click the "Follow this Search" box and then the email alert box. Hence, every time something similar is advertised, you'll receive an email.

In addition, I tend to make several searches using different words, phrases and combinations of words - and include some with spelling mistakes as well - and for all these individual searches, I also tick the "follow this search" box.

Over the years I've managed to find all sorts of very interesting items by doing this. The best was a catalogue for a previously unknown American precision bench lathe that appeared using the search "lath catog USA".
(22-11-2023, 12:57 AM)Tony Griffiths Hence, every time something similar is advertised, you'll receive an email. Wrote: No thanks Tony, I get so many emails, both junk and not junk, that this method would not work for me. I simply leave the tab open all the time, then click on refresh when I want to see any new Austins for sale. So the list is onscreen whenever I want it 24/7. I try to wade through emails every couple of days or so.
(22-11-2023, 09:21 AM)andrew34ruby Wrote:
(22-11-2023, 12:57 AM)Tony Griffiths Hence, every time something similar is advertised, you'll receive an email. Wrote: No thanks Tony, I get so many emails, both junk and not junk, that this method would not work for me. I simply leave the tab open all the time, then click on refresh when I want to see any new Austins for sale. So the list is onscreen whenever I want it 24/7. I try to wade through emails every couple of days or so.

Leaving the tab open and refreshing - that's a good idea.