The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thumblist - Line: 1031 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 1031 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 832 get_post_attachments
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1924 Small Car Trials
There is an excellent account of ' The 19824 RAC Six Day Small Car Trials ' in the January 2014 ( no 147 ) Light Car & Edwardian Section magazine for those who have, or can obtain, a copy.
I hope that's it's not going to be as wild as this?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Oh those great cultural dilemmas. Posted by Tony Griffiths, so are the images genuine trialing experiences, or are they photoshop creation? Let us hasten unto DVLA......

There is an excellent account of ' The 19824 RAC Six Day Small Car Trials ' in the January 2014 ( no 147 ) Light Car & Edwardian Section magazine for those who have, or can obtain, a copy.

Chis, I navigated for the now sadly missed Jon Yeeles on that event. Whilst I have the roadbook, marked up to the point at which forward movement ceased, I do not seem to have the LCES journal, edited then by the clean shaven and youthful Mr Tebbett, probably still at school.
Entirely made up for fun Steve - but what fun it would be on tracks like that.
As the late and great Dick Emery's character used to say "Ooh you are awful, but I like you!"
The conditions shown in Tony's cameos were exactly those often experienced at the Dave Wilcox Memorial Trials in Derbyshire, held some years ago. Many, I'm sure, will remember our 'Austin in the Shed ' , his driver...and car, completely covered in liquid mud. Happy memories of many a dirty weekend!
I can't help thinking someone has to repair those roads to be navigable when the dry comes. Sort of explains why the roads are often meters below the surrounding landscape.
I'll get me coat.
(08-01-2024, 10:04 PM)Chris Garner Wrote: The conditions shown in Tony's cameos were exactly those often experienced at the Dave Wilcox Memorial Trials in Derbyshire, held some years ago. Many, I'm sure, will remember our 'Austin in the Shed ' , his driver...and car, completely covered in liquid mud. Happy memories of many a dirty weekend!

Austin's shed...Derbyshire... dry-stone walls...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Tony, I am really tickled by this last photo. One of your best, in my opinion. Such a contrast in the facial expressions.