The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting photo posted on Facebook
An interesting photo posted on Facebook by Peter Allport who is advertising for sale 'The Skiddaw Special' HH 8921 shown on the far right of the image. Of the three other cars showing registration plates, KW 5416 (1929) is the only one listed on the DVLA and A7CA Chassis Register - neither UP 8668 (1934) nor TJ 5134 (1934) feature on either database. Does anyone recognise any of the large group of participants or perhaps remember the two cars which seemingly are no longer around ?

? Butternorth
Alan Thompson
Les Blair
Ron Palmer
Colin Nixon
Brian Mitton
Dougie Loundes
Barry Docker?
David Bell
Alf Sowell / Eric Holmes
Ron Graham - HH 8921
Rob Little
Bob Blaylock

I do not know who's who, though these are the names listed by the lady who formerly owned the SS car.
More recent picture of KW:

.jpg   KW 5416.jpg (Size: 96.79 KB / Downloads: 328)
Are we allowed to complain about people converting specials into standard cars yet? Wink
What do you mean by 'yet'?
(08-11-2023, 01:10 PM)Colin Morgan Wrote: What do you mean by 'yet'?

Because most of the time you see people complaining about turning original cars into specials, it's unusual to see it happening the other way round.
Very nice to see a car returned to how it should be. I have no moans about specials that were built in the 50s, 60s and early 70s when there were a reasonable amount about then but I don’t like to see good recoverable sevens particularly Rubys being messed about with to create specials today when numbers are falling.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Perhaps it depends on the Special?  I did wonder about buying this one a few years ago when it was for sale - but would it have been acceptable to 'restore' it - and, if so, to what? - an Ulster or a Chummy?  In some cases, they are best left as they are? 

.jpg   LKL 513.jpg (Size: 120.35 KB / Downloads: 139)