The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An early publicity shot I'd not seen before
(23-11-2023, 07:41 PM)john williams Wrote: Did they have "Photoshop" in 1923? The woman in the black and white photograph looks identical to the one in the coloured photograph. I also remember driving over the test hill. I have photographs, coloured and black and white, of the Austin Sevens lined up outside the Longbridge Gates.

No Photoshop until 1987. Modifying photographic images was done by re-touching, a laborious and skilled job.
It certainly looks like the chassis, tourer and female model are being set up for the magazine cover photo/artwork.
I just watched the truly fascinating film at the Austin Factory- all that excellent work for a plane that might only last a few weeks- no wonder Britain was broke at the end of that terrible WWII.
Look at the work in building the factory let alone that amazing aircraft lift.
And that was just one of many factories.
I shouldn't comment from afar but look at the present UK government - can you imagine them doing this ?
John - what a discovery! Yes, they are indeed the same. Who, I wonder, was the model - might it have been Austin's daughter, as in the third picture?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)