The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little piece of (Speedex) history
We were away for a few days in Norfolk last week and while sitting at the table waiting for them others, I spotted a little 'Jem' that had been posted on Facebook.

Some (many) of you will be bored by my constant requests for information on the badge that went on the nose of the 750 and Silverstone. There has to be one out there somewhere... so when I spotted this, I jumped on it, messaged the chap (who's father worked for Speedex before moving to ERA) and enquired about it... he bought it because of the family connection from a flea market, but soon realised my need and a price was agreed... although I'll admit now, it turns out I had no idea what I was buying. I'd assumed it was the elusive bonnet motif, but when posted turned up a little smaller than expected.

.jpg   Front.jpg (Size: 71.61 KB / Downloads: 358)

as it turns out, this is most likely a badge worn by Jem and his team when peddling their wares. I can't think he'd have been in a position to have these made to hand out as promotional goods... or does anyone know different..?

.jpg   rear.jpg (Size: 56.97 KB / Downloads: 356)

Still, it's a nice thing and a bit of Speedex history that gets me step closer to commissioning a replica badge. (I don't suppose anyone has one in a drawer?)

Also still idly looking for a Speedex alloy. I have some nice 15" west London wheels, but would still like to find that elusive fourth alloy.
That is a lovely thing, Nick...
After searching through nearly all my old Seven stuff, I still haven’t turned up the Speedex badge I had, but I’m sure it didn’t look like that one.

Brilliant piece of history though!
(24-10-2023, 03:52 PM)Ivor Hawkins Wrote: After searching through nearly all my old Seven stuff, I still haven’t turned up the Speedex badge I had, but I’m sure it didn’t look like that one.

Brilliant piece of history though!

Thanks Ivor. I'll just have to wait until you turn out the last old tobacco tin!
Hooray !!!