The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
1933 saloon at auction
Looking for a Winter project? Take a look at the 1933 saloon in the Brightwells sale later in this month.
Look in the section Garage on Line. An interesting opportunity  for a complete car with its original Registration Number and V5c. I can offer lots of further information if you wish. Les Gammon 07786506600
Presumably this one:  https://www.brightwells.com/timed-sale/5503/lot/657858
That's interesting, a very early RP with a very rusty steel windscreen as fitted to RNs.
Dave: looks like a standard RP. like mine. It has a painted screen and lights, no chrome and no sliding roof
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
I've always understood 'Standard' saloons to have had black painted steel screens with the DeLuxe having had chrome plated brass. Happy to be corrected but that has always been my belief...
Door cards and top trims are "De-Luxe" - roof filler panel looks "bespoke". Standard saloons normally had a black dash irrespective of body colour n'est-ce pas?
I think It is a de lux with a plated over sunshine roof opening which will cause the new owner some work. I note a chrome on brass windscreen frame lurking inside. I don't think the headlamps are original.
(14-10-2023, 09:51 AM)Dave Mann Wrote: I think It is a de lux with a plated over sunshine roof opening which will cause the new owner some work. I note a chrome on brass windscreen frame lurking inside. I don't think the headlamps are original.

The side lamps aren’t either. Am I right in thinking that the headlamps have replacement rims designed to take 7 inch prefocus headlamps?
In the 1950s 7 had mods rember sold for say £5 or near.
I saw the car some time ago. I think it is a standard car, but it had the door cards changed at some time, probably when the front lights were changed. It may well be that the spare screen comes from the donor car.