The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steering column typology?
Hi friends

Are there any differences between the steering columns of the SWB and the LWB chassis? Or, differently asked, does a column of an RP fit an Ulster?

Thank you very much in advance.
Last time I looked into this I found there were perhaps 15 or 16 different production part numbers, 4 or 5 different rake angles and a number of different column lengths, though I have yet to find consistent/ decipherable published figures for these. 

I think (not sure) the column in my Ulster rep is from a Ruby; and I believe the RP column was 1.5" or so longer as the Ruby one was shortened to accommodate a 'deep' steering wheel. A Ruby column will certainly fit in an RP! But (with the same steering wheel fitted) will sit a little lower / further away.

Sorry, it's not quite an answer...

p.s. I swapped driving seats with a friend recently and found that (a) he could barely get in to my car and (b) I had bags of leg room, and even space for a proper seat cushion, when I sat in his. That is to say, different degrees of "fit" exist.
This old thread educates and informs
https://pub25.bravenet.com/forum/static/...4&cmd=show
Thank you very much, Chris and Charles! Smile

The problem I had is solved, I am not in need of a new one.