The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
1937 Austin 7- 2 seater,Crank case Oil quantity?
Thank you so much for your reply’s! I had an Aha moment after searching online for the location of the dipstick again I remembered seeing a ring on the crank case in front of the starter. I had pulled it as hard as i could and even put a screw driver through it and tried to pull it but it wouldn’t even wiggle. After seeing the illustration i went back and grabbed it with a set of pliers and it finally came free. Oil immediately strarted coming out of the dipstick hole so i opened the drain plug and let it flow out for about 15 seconds and then screwed it back on. I checked the oil again multiple times and it was by chance exactly perfect to the full line. I had definitely way over filled.

So happy to have found the dipstick & excited to be one step closer to getting my grandfathers pride and joy up and running. Thank you so much for taking the time to answer.

Next i need to address what type of coolant to use that’s available here in the US and the gas peddle not returning after pushing it down. There is a spring that is attached to the linkage that goes from the gas pedal to the carburetor that appears to be broken. I don’t see looking at it how it worked as a return spring for the gas pedal. I’m sure i can find a conventional spring that could work near the carburetor or attached to the gas pedal. anyone know what spring i should be looking for and how it worked?

Much appreciated, Cheers.. Jason

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1937 Austin 7- 2 seater,Crank case Oil quantity? - by JasonT - 30-09-2023, 03:07 AM