The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1936 Austin Seven saloon found in Washington State
Hi All,

I've just spoken with a fellow here in Washington who has recently purchased a very nice saloon...Ruby, though I don't know what the initials are. He's had it about a month and just won a best of show at a local car show. I have not seen it but have seen photos and it looks to be very original. It also came with the remains of a '37 tourer whose body had been sadly tossed. I've asked the owner to access the forum as he is very unfamiliar with Sevens, though has had a couple of Anglias over the years, so is not completely unfamiliar with British cars.

Interestingly, it came from a small town named Granite Falls and I recall someone on the Forum bought and repatriated a chummy from there several years ago. So more Austin Sevens are still hiding here in the US.

Erich in Mukilteo
In the late 1980s I worked in a Vintage Car Museum in Virginia, for the summer.

In the collection they had a two seater swallow and a chrome rad Opal.
I think that was probably me! The seller had some interesting cars (SS1 for example) â–ªand had never bothered to title the Chummy in the USA! I don't know if they had a Ruby though. Seems quite a coincidence though. ..
D
Yes, David, I thought it might have been you. Granite Falls is a very small town. An SS1 as well? Interesting where one finds unusual cars. There was a fellow near me, who I never met, who had bought a Swallow Seven saloon in bits from the estate of a former Jaguar enthusiast. He posted on the Forum a few times, but I have not been able to contact him for several years, so don't know what happened to the car. It had new wood work and looked to be very complete.

Erich in Mukilteo