The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine Crankcase M252221
Hi Everyone

This is a bit of a long shot, but does anyone know of the existence of engine crankcase M252221?

I can see its not on the register so I imagine it is long gone but I thought I would ask in case it sounds familiar to anyone.

Thanks

Matthew
there is nothing obvious on register to suggest a sports engine 'cluster' around that number...
Thanks Jon - I don't think it would be a sports crankcase. I've recently found out it was once in my car at some stage in its life so I just intrigued to see if it was still around.

On a general point of discussion what are peoples thoughts on the idea of collecting crankcase details for the benefit of the archive/register? By this I mean all the crankcases that aren't necessarily in cars, but in spares piles etc. I'm assuming these won't be recorded anywhere. I myself have a crankcase as a 'spare'. I've never really given it much thought prior to this post but I suppose it could be an original engine out of a Seven that is still around.

Thanks

Matthew
I'd certainly be interested in the sports numbers being recorded, as they help to find whether there are register details on engines which could be original. There have been a number of cases too where original Ulster crankcases have returned to their original cars. Going beyond the rare ones might just be too much like hard work.
It's a laudable aim but we still have many whole cars which have not yet made it onto the chassis register. An engine database would require an awful lot of people to rummage in sheds - and to disclose how many engines they are sitting on. I wouldn't get your hopes up Matthew... Fingers crossed, you might get lucky and hear from someone!
Thanks Jon & Chris, I understand what you both mean, it would be a never ending task. I might just note down the ones I happen to come across for now. It does make me think how many are actually out there though.

Thanks again

Matthew
there are 10 at my place
I have a few crankcases in the garage / garden shed.
All rubber mount 2 bearing ones. All but one are repairable.
I have never taken any notice of the numbers.