The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1933 brakes
I'm used to the earlier one piece brake cross shaft on the RN saloons and disconnecting the rear offside brake cable front the cross shaft lever is difficult but how do you remove the cable from the later two piece cross shaft lever? I can't even see the clevis pin split pin.
is it because the pedal rod connection is in the way?
Yes Reckless, I need to get it off in order to shorten the cable, although I'm tempted to use one of these 
.jpg   s-l300.jpg (Size: 11.23 KB / Downloads: 170) I must say I find the RP improvements somewhat taxing.
I have a couple of these on my RP, one on each rear cable. I have found that I need to leave both rear cables quite slack to ensure that the rears don't come on before the fronts. My car has a semi girling front axle but fitted with shorter levers to reduce the imbalance which now works well.
Dave, I use those on the rear brakes as I find it helps with the fine adjustment of balancing the brakes. In the days when we had to have MOTs my local tester didn’t like them but now they are not compulsory for our cars I have gone back to using them.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
(14-09-2023, 07:23 AM)Reckless Rat Wrote: I have a couple of these on my RP, one on each rear cable. I have found that I need to leave both rear cables quite slack to ensure that the rears don't come on before the fronts. My car has a semi girling front axle but fitted with shorter levers to reduce the imbalance which now works well.

I have to leave a certain amount of slack in the rear brake cables too in order to get the front/rear brake balance right. I am running on standard Austin brakes all round.
One butterfly adjuster per cable was always permitted irrespective of what your tester liked or not. It was written in black & white in the Tester's Guide book.