The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good bye old friend
Back in 1975, I bought the remains of a1932 RN Saloon for £100. Then, 2 kids, 2 house moves, 2 garage builds and 24 years later JV1394 was back on the road after being used as a chicken shed in Surrey. Her first duty was to be the wedding car for my daughter. Now, 48 years later she has been sold to a French Austin enthusiast who I am sure will care for her as we have done. So sadly,  it will be bye bye Austin seven friends and hello to Classic Mini (well you have to have something to play with in the garage).
French regulations mean that the first French reg 3488KE46 will be struck off on transfer but the new owner has promised to let the registrar know the new number and owner details in due course.

Thanks for all advice given by fellow members, comments and encouragement.

Bye Bye
Bob Humphrey

Sad day, Bob. Keep in touch.
Hi Bob

You’ll be missed. I’ve enjoyed your postings here. Good luck with the mini!

Cheers

Howard
I recently sold my Maroon and black RN saloon after 51 years ownership and bought a classic mini !
A sad day for you, Bob!

Take care and enjoy adventures new in the mini!
And it’s so long to splendid contributor Bob. Who may or may not enjoy wresting with
Issigonis designed suspension and transmission, and welding Fray Bentos tins together. We’ll keep you a place at the table….
Bob and I met up a long time ago when I organised an old car do in our village, in 2008. Bob and Karen drove over to here from the Lot, which is a long way from Rekkersland. This is an article which featured in the local paper - Me and the RP on the left, Bob and the RN on the right. Probably the biggest meeting of genuinely resident and authentic A7 saloons that has ever taken pace in France. (unless someone knows different) (not counting a Pearl Cabby that came round our house in 2018...)

[Image: 20230912-125034-2.jpg]
Can you give us a clue as to the department to which it has gone? Too much to hope for that it might be 16? Cool

Tony Hodson
Tony
It's gone to dept 33 just North west of Bordeaux. I am sure that once the new registration is known, that either he or I will update the register.
I am also sure that Reckers will contact the new owner as well. Just give me a bit of breathing space to arrange exchange of contact details etc. (just got in from a 420Km round trip to pick up a '79 Mini 1000.)
Bob
Bob
No panic, I'm in recovery also - from our local festival - too much sun, too much beer and too much hard work Rolleyes - not necessarily in that order!

33 is not a million miles from Chabanais so hopefully we shall meet sometime