The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abergwesyn pass
(04-09-2023, 06:52 PM)Robin Boyce Wrote: Yes, our '23 Chummy went up in the Light car 2004 celebration of the 1924 Small Car Trial.

Same rally, same place after a successful climb - even seems to be the same weather!

Attached Files
.jpg   2004-LCESWelsh3.jpg (Size: 73.38 KB / Downloads: 219)
Hi All

Embarrassed that living so close and not having done ‘The Abergwesyn pass’, today we drove over to Abergwesyn, along the Irfon valley (Abergwesyn Commin), up the Devil’s Staircase to a little chapel called Soar y Mynydd. 

The staircase is a bit steep…..the sign reads 25% and hairpin bends. We were in 1st for the full ascent which must be over 1/2 mile.  The chapel is in the middle of nowhere but serves a huge area. The congregation used to ride in on horseback from the scattered farms in the area. 

We came back via Llyn Brianne, a reservoir that serves Swansea.  Seventy odd mile round trip but coming into Llandod my passenger side wind deflector fell off.  Half an hour of roadside searching yielded no results so I’ll have to order up some new Perspex.

Cheers

Howard

.jpeg   IMG_3607.jpeg (Size: 102.59 KB / Downloads: 128)
.jpeg   IMG_3611.jpeg (Size: 131.21 KB / Downloads: 128)
.jpeg   IMG_3614.jpeg (Size: 148.33 KB / Downloads: 127)
.jpeg   IMG_3619.jpeg (Size: 94.99 KB / Downloads: 128)
Lovely photos Howard ... and much better weather than we are having! Looks like you had a great trip. I don't know the reservoir, I shall have to put it on the itinerary for next time. 

I might have some Perspex I can cut for you but I'm running my stocks down so it depends on size and thickness. Let me know.
Thanks Peter,

I’ve emailed you.

Cheers

Howard