The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
outside car covers
I have just acquired a Nippy, that will have to sit outside for a couple of months. Any suggestions for a suitable all weather cover, gratefully accepted.
Mine is currently living in a 2x3m polytunnel bought on eBay for about £60. This has worked well once I learned that it needs to be firmly anchored to the ground.
Chris, thank you for such a prompt reply. I should have added, the Nippy will have to reside on my front drive. My next door neighbour, or my "home supervisor" would not be happy with a polytunnel!
John
Hi John

My RK has been under one of these for a couple of years, albeit also under our carport.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303085737908?...media=COPY

I have had it over the Special for a short while and it may well be used for that car again soon.

Cheers

Howard
I agree with Howard, when my Seven had to stand outside over winter I bought one of those Smart car covers, it fits well and is completely weatherproof.
Smart covers have been recommended on the forum, and seem to fit a Ruby very well. Not sure about a Nippy though.
I have been quite happy with my Halfords cover, bought about ten years ago at a discount and still going strong, although mostly used indoors as dust cover. Even the Small size is way too big for a Seven and needs extra security when used outdoors, and I suspect any commercially-bought cover will need some extra lashing down for Nippy!

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-ac...=undefined
Thank you everyone for your advice, Smart Car cover ordered.