The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silverstone Classic/Festival Tickets
I'm putting the Ruby BXE 95 on display this weekend at Silverstone, but have 2 spare tickets for Sunday that are surplus

On Sunday entry is £45 per ticket, but happy to pass both on for £40, (Covers my fuel costs)
But buyer needs to download the "Silverstone App" first before transfer can happen, and I prefer PayPal for payment,
See you there !!!!????
Email
alanhpierce@gmail.com

Will be leaving tonight at 7pm but have 'smart' ??? phone with me.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Well, what can I say, the response for visiting The Silverstone "Festival" was truly underwhelming . But I guess that was reflected in the display
"we" put on at the event !!!! there were 2 cars on Friday, myself and a local chap with a box saloon, then 3 on Saturday as Paul Lawrence arrived, then back to 2
as I needed to leave early for a crisis back home. If there is no further interest then simply 'We" wont get another invite !!!! next year, your call .
I was the "local chap" with the box who attended all the three days. The Paul Lawrence car was there all three days but I failed to find Paul. I enjoyed the event and chatted to our 750 club companions who were "just over the road". The plot allotted was great because all those parked in the public car parks had to walk right by and with all the modern vehicles we stood out.

Wandering around the site I enjoyed the pits particularly a close up  look of the reproduction 1.5 litre supercharged BRM V-16 and a chat to Andy Stoner and family who had a successful weekend racing their Chevron. 

There were a couple of Chummys used as transport between the pits.

Hi Steve, did you sort out clutch ?. I personally felt the event has become too much of a "Family day out with cars thrown in ", rather than a tribute to all of us who keep our cherished vehicles roadworthy/race worthy etc. Silverstone themselves just seem to regards these events as cash cows, £15 for a programme is simply a rip off. Anyway Kop Hill Hillclimb is the next day out for me and "Ermintrude", booked for 4 runs up the hill.
The BRM was at a recent Prescott, and what a great replica. May? go next year, but will take my Morgan 4/4 just for the day instead. Over and out.
We provided some rear springs to Team Historic Lotus, for the event.

Was a Lotus 1 replica in attendance, they were quite keen to get the springs quickly.
The clutch recovered all by itself, thanks. No idea what happened. 

To make sure,  when I got home I cleaned it up and then lubricated the release bearing.

Ruraidh, 

The Lotus 1 replica was in pride of place on the Lotus stand.

Hi Steve, wonder if the release bearing got stuck in the 'down' position ?, then slowly released during the day, glad you got home safe. Alan.
Thank you, Steve.

May I use your photo, please?

Ruaridh, you can use the photo with pleasure.