The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Points on DJ4 and DK4
Points spring is secured on a vertical brass stud with a small nut.  I believe there should be one or perhaps two bushes (top hat bushes) between the spring end and the brass stud.  Is this arrangement part of the electrics (ie do the bushes conduct electriity) or can they be made of insulation material?  I have to make my own as Dave Cochran has none in stock.
Hi Robin

The points get their current via the condenser and the spring so there must be a connection between the two. I believe that it is through the plate that is attached to the positive terminal of the condenser and the post on the plate. Whether the current flows through the bushes or the washer and nut holding the spring will depend on the material of the bushes. They are brass on the ones I have!

Cheers

Howard
Hi Robin

If you private message me your postal address I’ll send you a pair.  I’ve just found them in my spares pot left over from a conversion to electronic ignition.

Cheers

Howard