The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How heavy is a bare LWB chassis ?
The coast became clear at 10.45 today so I've been able to come up with a proper answer!

Bare chassis but without the brake cross shaft fitted weighed in at 25Kg.

Steve
Next, see if you can get away with cleaning a crankcase in the dishwasher. I’m surprised it’s that light actually.
Alan Fairless
(15-08-2023, 11:39 AM)Alan Wrote: Next, see if you can get away with cleaning a crankcase in the dishwasher.  I’m surprised it’s that light actually.

I AM the dishwasher Sad Sad

Yes, surprised me too but it's not heavy to lift up. Not the easiest thing to weigh using bathroom scales but I turned it nose down and onto the scales supporting it verticaly so it didn't fall over but without taking any of the weight myself if you see what I mean.

Steve
Easiest way, Steve is to pick it up and then get on the scales. Take the measurement and then get off, put it down and weigh just yourself.
That's okay as long as the combined weight doesn't exceed the limit of the bathroom scales!

I've often thought that a pair of rear springs must weigh as much as the chassis frame.
Young Jones is nowt but a slip of a lad so I was on fairly sound ground with that one... Smile
On the roof should be fine:

(15-08-2023, 11:31 AM)Steve Jones Wrote: Bare chassis but without the brake cross shaft fitted weighed in at 25Kg.

Steve

That's 4 Stones. So we weren't far out guessing 5 Stones.
A SWB chassis is somewhat lighter.

(15-08-2023, 01:26 PM)Malcolm Parker Wrote: I've often thought that a pair of rear springs must weigh as much as the chassis frame.

You're not that far away if you include a front spring. Nothing better to do so just weighed some springs. A pair of rears and a front combined weighed in at 19Kg.

Steve