The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Info on cards requested please
Hello, I run a 1933 RP with a 26VA carb.
This arrangement works fine.
However, I have acquired another carb, a 26VEHG.
This arrangement also seems to work fine

What car would the 26WEHG carb have been used on originally? Also, what are the differences between the two different types of carb. Any info greatfully received.
The 26 VEHG was introduced on the 4 speed RN in September 1932 and this was replaced by the 26Va in 1934. The 26 VEHG had no linkage from the choke to open the throttle, it had a deeper float chamber.
Many thanks for info.
As an aside and without causing too much "drift", My RN registered Oct 32 is 3 speed with the FZ22 carburettor. Do you think it was "old stock" and registered some time after standing in a sales room ? or was the 4 speed box an option.
Bob
Cars fitted with the 4-speed gearbox started coming off the production line in September 1932, so, yes, there would have been plenty of 3-speed cars still in the dealership network in October. Your car would have originally been fitted with the zinc 22FZB carb, but as these have a nasty habit of disintegrating with age, the bronze FZ carb would have been sourced, probably from a scrapyard, in more recent times.
My 33 has a 26VA as I believe do other 33 cars so your's is likely original fitment.
Andy
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!